SportIQ Holding Corporation, for and on behalf of its subsidiaries, (collectively, “SIQ” or ”We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website siqbasketball.com (our “Website”) or through the SIQ Basketball mobile app (“App”) you download from this Website or third-party mobile app stores, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by SIQ or any third party, or any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website or App.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website or App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or our App. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and App, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number (“personal information”), and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App, usage details, and other technical information such as IP address and cookies (“technical information”). We also collect basketball shot tracking and game-play analytics data through use of our SIQ basketball products and the App (“Game-play statistics”).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or App. This includes information provided at the time of creating a SIQ account, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website or App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys or feedback that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You also may provide financial information, such as credit card details, to our third-party payment processers, such as PayPal, when you make a purchase through the Website or App. We do not process financial information directly or store any financial information you provide when you make purchases through the Website or App.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and App, we may use automatic data collection technologies, such as Google Analytics, to collect certain technical information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website or App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or App. Other technical information automatically collected may be about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and App to deliver a better and more personalized service, such as by enabling us to estimate usage patterns and store information about your preferences.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the SIQ, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website or App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us, such as Game-play statistics, which is not personally identifiable but which is tied to your personal account.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SIQ’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SIQ about our Website or App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SIQ, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the SIQ. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the SIQ to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the SIQ as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Privacy Rights for European Union Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, you have the right to access your personal information, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal information. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, and request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored behind firewalls and encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
Last modified: 5/23/23